No need to stand flipping pancakes for ages with this recipe! Just mix and bake for a quick and nourishing breakfast, snack or dessert for all the family.
- 1 whole egg, lightly beaten
- 3 small overripe bananas, mashed (or 240 grams of apple puree)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour*
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil (or coconut oil)
- ¼ cup maple syrup (adjust to your desired sweetness)
- ¼ cup water (mix with maple syrup. Should equal ½ cup total)
- 1 cup blueberries (or your favorite fruit)
- ½ cup dark chocolate, carob or cacao nibs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Grease an ovenproof dish.**
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the egg and banana.
- Add the flour sifted with the baking powder, and stir until well combined.
- Stir in the oil and maple syrup-water mixture. Then add in the fruit (and chocolate if desired). Mix until just combined.
- Pour into greased dish and place in the preheated oven for half an hour or until golden and set.
- Eat hot or store in the fridge for up to a week.
*Tapioca, brown rice, sorghum, maize, oat, chickpea and coconut flour all work equally well and in any blend, so you can make this recipe gluten free.
**Grease with olive oil, coconut oil or butter. Works best in shallow rectangle dish, 29 by 20.
Thanks for posting the pancake recipe. It was very enjoyable.
—Graeme Darling (Australia)
Tried it? Send us a quick comment: Click here!