I found this recipe a couple of years ago, and I’ve adjusted the sweetener a little bit. I find it’s a lovely and satisfying snack when I am craving a lightly-sweetened peanut butter treat. It’s especially good when eaten warm with butter.
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (either creamy or chunky)*
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Mix all of the ingredients except for the chocolate chips in a bowl until combined.
- Add chocolate chips and stir.
- Pour in a parchment-lined 8x8 pan and bake at 350˚F for 13 to 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
*Non-hydrogenated, no added sugar
Excellent PB bars; soft and chewy and very yummy! A great treat for the Feast of Tabernacles!
—Gail Bott (Arizona)
Tried it? Send us a quick comment: Click here!