- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- ¼ to ½ red onion, sliced or chopped
- 4 oz (1 can) diced pimento
- 4 oz artichoke hearts, diced
- ¼ tsp sea salt, or to taste
- ¼ tsp fresh ground pepper, to taste
- ½ 1 cup fresh grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1 large head of lettuce (red leaf, green leaf or romaine), chopped
- Mix all ingredients except for cheese and lettuce. Let sit for at least 20 minutes for juices to soak and mix into the oil and vinegar. (This can be prepared in advance and stored In the refrigerator for 2-3 days.) *
- Once ready to serve, toss mixture with lettuce, and top with grated cheese. (If mixed in advance, lettuce will wilt and dampen.)
*Some may prefer a milder salad with less of the seasoned mixture.
Tried it? Send us a quick comment: Click here!