These carrots are a hit with old and young alike, and are a staple for any nice meal in our home. The ginger really makes the dish pop, so add as much as you like! For an extra colorful dish, use rainbow carrots.
- 1 pound carrots
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Peel (if desired) and cut the carrots diagonally into 1-inch-thick slices.
- Place all ingredients into a large sauté pan with ½ cup water. Cover and simmer over medium heat for approximately 20 minutes, or until carrots are tender but still resistant when bitten.
- For less sauce and more glaze, turn up the heat and remove the lid for the last five minutes of cooking.
I copied the directions and will serve them to Mr. Horne, who loves carrots. Thanks for this wonderful gift.
—Diane Horne (West Virginia)
Tried it? Send us a quick comment: Click here!