- 2 ¼ cups (375 g) dried fruits (sultanas, raisins, cranberries, apricots, etc.)
- 1 ½ cups (125 g) slivered almonds*
- ¼ cup whole oat flour
- 9 tbsp (125 g) grass-fed butter, chopped
- ½ cup honey
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 ¼ cups (200 g) good quality dark chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 340˚F (170˚C). Grease and line your pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter and honey together, and set aside to cool slightly.
- Mix the fruit, almonds and flour in a bowl.
- Add honey mixture and egg to fruit mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture in the prepared pan and bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until golden. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Melt chocolate and spread on top of the slice.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is set, slice and enjoy!
*Use pepitas for a nut free version
Very yummy dessert. I’m going to make for our next potluck! A friend made it for snacks. Healthy and hearty!
—Gail Bott (Arizona)
Tried it? Send us a quick comment: Click here!