This middle eastern version of coleslaw is highly alkaline and very tasty. There are different ways you can make this salad, but this is how my family enjoys it. Delicious on its own or served with grilled shawarma, falafels or Zaatar meatballs.
- 1 green cabbage
- 3 tbsp dried mint (or dried parsley)
- 3 small lemons, juiced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 to 2 tsp salt
- Thinly slice or shred the cabbage and place in a large bowl with the salt and mint.
- Mix the olive oil, lemon and garlic together and pour over the cabbage. Toss together. Taste and adjust lemon and salt to your liking.
- Let stand for 10 minutes to let the flavors blend together, then re-taste and adjust if needed.
Tried it? Send us a quick comment: Click here!