These muffins are moist and stay together very well. Whether you are gluten intolerant or looking for healthier options, they are worth a try.
- 1 cup (94 grams) freshly ground flax meal (or flax meal that has been stored in a refrigerator or freezer)
- 1 cup (86 grams) almond flour (stored in refrigerator or freezer)
- 1 tablespoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon fine salt
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup dark brown cane sugar or coconut sugar
- ½ cup yogurt
- ½ cup raisins or other dry berries
- 2 tablespoons dark brown cane sugar or coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat the oven to 350˚ F and line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper muffin liners.
- For best results, use a kitchen scale to weigh the ground flax meal and almond flour and then place in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk in the gluten-free baking powder, ground nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt. Add the melted butter, eggs, sugar, and water or buttermilk to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.*
- Use a small ice cream scoop or large spoon to distribute the muffin batter evenly (about ⅔ full) into the prepared muffin tin.
*Alternatively, you can use an electric mixer and beat just until the ingredients are blended.
Tried it? Send us a quick comment: Click here!