This healthy cereal option is healthy and full of flavor when you need a quick breakfast and want to avoid store-bought brands.
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 rounded tsp nutmeg
- 1 rounded tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp flaky sea salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 250˚F.
- In a small saucepan, combine coconut sugar, water and coconut oil. Cook over medium heat till sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, pecans, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and mix well.
- Add vanilla to sugar syrup and stir.
- Pour over oat mixture.
- Mix until thoroughly combined. If too much liquid is in the bottom of the bowl, add a few more oats.
- Transfer to a rimmed 13 x 18-inch baking sheet.
- Bake for 90 minutes or possibly more, stirring occasionally until granola is no longer soft.
Tried it? Send us a quick comment: Click here!