EDMOND—Whether you’re looking to elevate your conversation with brethren at Friday-evening dinner or before and after Sabbath and holy day services, putting in a little advance thought toward your conversation can help you raise the standard and enjoy the benefits of deeper conversation and fellowship. Below are some topics and questions that can help spark ideas for what you can talk about with members of your spiritual family.
“If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the
Lord, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words: Then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.”
The Kingdom of God
- What field of work would you like to be involved in In the World Tomorrow? (Farming, smithing, caring for animals, caring for the outdoors, architecture, engineering, construction, hospitality, media, etc.)
- What kind of transportation do you think humans will have?
- What is something in this world you want to help change?
- Who would you like to work under? (Abraham, David, Ruth, Esther, etc.)
- What class would you like to teach?
- What question would you like to ask God?
History With God
- How did you/your parents find out about the Church?
- What was one of the biggest “Aha” moments you had in learning the truth?
- What was the Church split like as you experienced it?
- Did you ever meet Mr. Armstrong?
- What are some of the biggest lessons you’ve learned? (if older)
- What is a verse that really stands out to you?
- What revelation or booklet intrigues you?
- Have you ever visited WCG or PCG headquarters?
- What is one thing that surprised you about the size of the WCG’s work?
- What were your first impressions of Armstrong Auditorium?
- What is one department of the Work that’s particularly interesting?
- What is something that might get overlooked that you try to pray about?
- What animals would you like to have in the World Tomorrow?
- What interests you about summer camp?
- What is one of your memories from camp?
- What is something you’re studying at Imperial Academy?
- What interests you about Herbert W. Armstrong College?
Also see our article “Tips for a Great Conversation”